All trainers, training companies, and clients who undergo transformational training companies seek feedback to measure training effectiveness.
Does the conventional questionnaire given at the end of the session help?
- How many trainees fill it unless forced to?
- How many do it in a rush as it’s time to go home, after a tiring day/days?
- How many are honest and truthful?
- How many trainers accept honest feedback?
After studying this subject deeply I realized that this #IAF method works better than others. Any better ideas for getting participant inputs to take our training a step ‘forward?’
Hence we call it ‘Feedforward*’
WHAT IS THIS ‘FEEDFORWARD’?
Very simply put: rather than providing positive or negative feedback, feed-forward consists in providing future-oriented options or solutions. While feedback focused on what went wrong, Feedforward focuses on what and how can it be better next time.
- In the next class, I will encourage a higher level of preparation.
- In our future exercises, it is clear, we need to put in a collaborative effort.
- The performance in this game was good. We have learned in this match that a deeper study of the opponent’s capability and strategy will lead to higher chances of victory.