22 Sep Speaking jewels from #HowdyModi
While I was glued on to the TV to watch #HowdyModi, my focus was on what we can learn from his oratory skills.
These are a few aspects I picked up. Please add your learnings in the comments and we will have many perspectives on the platter.
- Content. He had a strong message and he articulated it extremely well. His speech was well structured.
- Language. Choosing to speak in Hindi, was a brilliant idea.
- From the Heart. He spoke from his heart. He must have surely had some staff to write the speech, but the beauty is he owned it completely.
- Audience Engagement. Bang on. The audience energy was high throughout. The way he continued to wave at the audience throughout while holding President Trump’s hand was certainly a heartwarming gesture.
- Clarity of Speech. Every single word was clear with correct pauses and wonderful, expressive gestures. As his style is, he is slow, maintains momentum and ensures no word is missed out. His effective use of poetry and muti Indian languages also added to the flavour.
- I/we. I thought it was a very effective communication of his hardly ever using the word I or ‘My Government.’ Every feat/achievement was treated as a national achievement
- Statistics. He demonstrated very will the use of hard facts and statistics and he was absolutely confident about everything he uttered, Statistical facts are gems in a speech.
- Creativity. I am referring to the two instances when he linked 9//11 to 26/11 and welfare to farewell.
- I am not too sure whether he had a teleprompter or not, but his speech was well prepared.
I will look forward to all speakers to add their observations, please.